Bod Australia Pty Ltd is the owner and manager of this website https://bodpharmaceuticals.com
Types of Information Collected and Stored
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), “personal information” means “information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable”. The information/opinion does not have to be recorded in writing or be true.
Bod Australia collects and processes personal information about you that is reasonably necessary for us to perform our functions and activities, including providing information on our website. If you do not provide this personal information, it may limit the services we can provide to you, and we will be unable to process your information requests. The types of personal information that we collect includes:
- your name;
- mobile phone number;
- email address; and
- images (of you or otherwise) that are uploaded to our websites or social media channels and electronic newsletters that we distribute.
Except if your information is required to be retained under an Australian law, or a court/tribunal order, we will hold your information until you notify us that you no longer wish to be contacted by us or, for EU, UK or Californian residents, until you request that we erase your data.
Why We Collect and How We Use Your Personal Information
- to provide you with any services or goods that you may request, including information, follow-up services or materials;
- use of your details to be sent to a third party (such as a clinic, prescriber or doctor).
- to respond to any query or complaint that you may make;
- for any other purposes required or authorised by law or a court/tribunal order;
- to make product and purchase recommendations or offers to you;
- to review, assess and improve our services;
- to carry out direct marketing and social media marketing activities (including posting); and
- to help us analyse and predict consumer behaviour (but only where the information is aggregated and anonymous).
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information directly from you when you:
- Register for email updates on our subscribe form at bodpharmaceuticals.com; or
- Fill in a form, questionnaire or survey on bodpharmaceuticals.com or another of our websites.
Marketing Consent and Opt-Out
Simply email email@example.com
Telephone +61 2 9199 5018
or write to us at:
Bod Australia Level 1
377 New South Head Road
Double Bay NSW 2028
If you choose to opt out of receiving any communications from us at any time, we may then be unable to provide you with all of the information regarding our information programs, events, or services which may be of benefit to you.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Consent to Disclosures
Disclosure Outside Australia
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information that we collect, use or disclose is up-to-date, complete, accurate and relevant. You may request access to the personal information held about you, or request changes to that personal information if you believe for any reason that the information we hold is inaccurate or incomplete, or ask for your personal information to be removed if you no longer wish us to keep your personal information on file. You can obtain further information about how to request access to or correct the information held about you by contacting our Privacy Officer at
Level 1, 377 New South Head Road
Double Bay NSW 2028
Tel: +61 2 9199 5018
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from:
- misuse, interference and loss; and
- unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We make every effort to follow industry standard security measures for personal information under our control. Only authorised staff and consultants have access (on a restricted basis) to the personal information we collect. We regularly review developments in security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although we endeavour to protect information you transmit to us, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of that information, and you transmit it at your own risk. You may be able to configure your browser to advise you whether the information you are sending us will be secure (encrypted) or not secure (unencrypted). Once we receive your transmission, we take reasonable steps to protect the information on our own systems. For more information, you might like to refer to the OAIC Guide to Information Security, at: https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-resources/privacy- guides/guide-to-information-security
Destruction and De-identification of Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information if:
- we no longer need to use or disclose the information in any of the ways we are entitled to use or disclose it under the APPs or applicable privacy laws; or
- we are not legally required to keep the information.
Other Matters Unsolicited Information
If we receive unsolicited personal information about you, which we would not have been entitled to collect under the APPs or applicable privacy laws, we will destroy or de-identify that information if it is lawful and reasonable for us to do so.
Web pages on bodpharmaceuticals.com or our other websites may use ‘cookies’. These are small files that are placed on your hard disk for data-collection purposes. Like an IP address, a cookie helps a website remember who you are. Cookies can make your subsequent visits to a website more seamless. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, by not accepting cookies, some web pages may not display properly, or you may not be permitted to access certain information.
Links to Other Sites
We may provide links to other sites. If you use these links, you will leave our website and we are not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their usage of your personal information. We advise that you check the privacy policies on those sites.
We will not adopt, use or disclose any identifier that has been issued by a government or government agency in relation to any individual or personal information.
Complaints About a Breach